[DCV] DCV members visit to Association Orchis, Normandy, France

terry gillott terrygillott3000 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 10:36:11 GMT 2013

Our annual visit to Association Orchis in St Vaast is due to take place during the weekend commencing Friday 10th May. We intend leaving Poole at 8.30 am on Brittany Ferries "Barfluer", on arrival in Cherbourg we will be met by members of Orchis.

During the Friday afternoon we are usually taken to some local sites of interest  and a hostelry before going to our hosts home to be fed and watered. On Saturday we work at a local site doing work similar to that which we perform most weekends. Saturday evening is spent in a local village hall where again we are well fed and watered (!). On Sunday we are driven to sites of interest to tourists but of course with the insight of locals.

We return to Poole Sunday evening landing at 10 pm. These are always very enjoyable weekends.

All food, drink and accommodation is provided by the Orchis members, our only expense is the cost of the ferry crossing. This is presently shown as £50 return but we should secure a discount depending on the number of us travelling and our membership of the Dorset Twinning Association.

It is not necessary to be able to speak French.

If you would like to join us or would like more information please contact me.

Terry Gillott

Phone  01202 765611
email   terrygillott3000 at yahoo.co.uk