[DCV] Forthcoming visit to Association Orchis on Friday 26th September 2014

terry gillott terrygillott3000 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 20:14:18 BST 2014

We will be visiting Normandy on Friday morning 26th September returning home in the evening of Sunday 28th. In our recent Newsletter I referred to the cost of the ferry as being £54 less our discount. Brittany Ferries have just been in touch with me to say they are prepared to offer us a fare of only £22 return for the crossing. This is exceptionally good value and I hope it may persuade more people to join us.

These are alwa\ys enjoyable weekends when we normally have a meal in the home of one of our French hosts on the Friday everning. On Saturday we join in conservation type work (last year we were dry stone walling) with our hosts and in the evening enjoy drinks and a meal in a town/village hall. On Sunday we are taken sightseeing (last year we visited Omaha beach and a war cemetary) including pick nick, drinks and cake etc before being taken to the ferry for our return boat trip on Sunday evening.

We stay in the homes of the Orchis members with all food etc provided. The only cost for the weekend is the ferry.

This is a very good offer from Brittany Ferries so take the opportunity to visit France, continue working for conservation and experience a 'different' weekend. Book your ferry ticket by telephoning Nikki on 01202 506623 (make sure you menton DCV and Dorset Twinning) but please also let me know in order that I can ensure a bed and catering arrangements are made for you.

If you have any queries please contact me by email at terrygillott3000 at yahoo.co.uk or on the phone  01202 765611

Terry Gillott