[DCV] Dry stone walling training this Sunday at Swyre

dcv.newsed at talk21.com dcv.newsed at talk21.com
Mon Jun 20 14:59:41 BST 2016

  Hello to all volunteers,
This Sunday 26th June DCV are dry stone walling at Swyre in West Dorset. There is a small section of wall by the water trough that needs to be finished and then we are starting on a new wall in a different field (please follow arrows to site).We will be running an introduction course (taster session) for newish volunteers that will include history of walling, safety, tool use, digging out for foundations, walling techniques and fitting the cap (top) stones. Volunteers will work along side experienced wallers.We will try to make the course relaxing and fun. Don