[DCV] DCV visit to Association Orcis in St Vaast, Normandy, France

terry gillott terrygillott3000 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 20:02:43 GMT 2016

 On Friday 20th May 2016 we will again be visiting our twinning colleagues in France in the conservation organisation Association Orchis. This is an annual event when DCV members visit St Vaast following which members of Association Orchis will visit us in September 2016.
We leave Poole at 08.30 on Friday morning arriving in Cherbourg at 13.45 where we are collected and normally driven to a local hostelry for refreshments. On Saturday arrangements have been made for us to work in some  botanic gardens clearing a path overgrown mainly with brambles.
On Sunday 22nd May we will be taken sightseeing before returning to Cherbourg for the 18.30 ferry arriving   back in Poole at 21.45.
We have been able to agree with Brittany ferries a very low cost of only £23 for the return ferry crossing. Food, drink and accommodation will be provided by members of Association Orchis. This is always a very enjoyable weekend in France and is available to all DCV members.
Ferry tickets in the sum of £23 are limited, if you are interested in joining us or would like further information please contact me in the near future and thereafter I will make the appropriate arrangements.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Terry Gillott
Phone  01202 757099
Email  terrygillott3000 at yahoo.co.uk