[DCV] History trip on Thursday

Richard Meatyard richardmeatyard at outlook.com
Wed Jul 18 18:03:40 BST 2018

Hi Folks,

Here’s a reminder that we are visiting the wonderful archaeology museum
at Down Farm on Thursday evening. 6pm for picnic and 7pm for walk around
the site. As a thank-you, since we aren’t being charged, we might pull
some pretty yellow flowers (ragwort) if they are a problem, so bring
your gloves!
Meet and park at Down Farm ST 999 149. The farm is past the cottages on
the right hand side. Farm postcode SP5 5RY

This is a useful introduction to Martin, the farmer
http://www.reading.ac.uk/web/files/graduation/martin_green_final_speech.pdf

Some people have said that they’d like to have a go at bell-ringing. On
Saturday, as a fund-raiser for a new ladder, we are offering lessons,
lunches and refreshments at Lytchett Matravers church. The picture in
the link shows the tiny trapdoor we have to get through to get to the
bells – I find it really frightening!

https://www.visit-dorset.com/whats-on/bell-chamber-fundraising-p2502693

Viv