[DCV] Glow worm wallk - Thursday 5th July

Richard Meatyard richardmeatyard at outlook.com
Thu Jun 28 21:43:43 BST 2018

DCV Glow Worm walk Hambledon Hill Thursday 5th July 7:30pm
Meet & park in National Trust field,
Markstone Cottages, Child Okeford,
DT11 8ET
OS ST 838123
Don mobile 07508 286353

Dear all,

As the field is currently set aside for hay we have been asked to enter
via the gate on the left part way up the track and park alongside  the
hedge. Exit will probably be via the gate onto the road and it may be
last in last out!

For the same reason the picnic will not be in the field but up on the
hill so only bring what you can comfortably carry up on to the hill.

Regulars to Hambledon will be aware that ticks are an issue on this site
and as it seems to be a bad year for tick generally you are strongly
advised to take precautions, trousers tucked in to socks, etc.

As you all know the dark doesn't descend until quite late and I can
still read a book by daylight outside at 10pm. The we beasties can be
seen at about this time but are much easier to spot a bit later so
expect to be home late.

Apologies if you have received this message twice but there seems to
have been an issue with Don's original message being rejected by yahoo
and other providers.

Regards,
Richard.