[DCV] Orchis Visit 21st & 22nd September

Richard Meatyard richardmeatyard at outlook.com
Wed Sep 11 21:06:12 BST 2019

Our Orchis friends are visiting us on the weekend of 21st - 22nd September. All DCV members are welcome to join in the events of that weekend. We will be working together on the task at Wytch Heath, Purbeck, on Saturday, cutting young pines, birch and some gorse. There will be pleanty of cakes to share with our coffee and tea! On Saturday evening there will be a meal and social gathering at Church Knowle village hall to which all DCV members are welcome for a nominal charge of £5, which includes sharing in the lunchtime picnic food provided on that day. Please ensure that you let Helen know as soon as possible if you wish to attend on Saturday evening, as she has the difficult job of catering for the evening, and needs to confirm numbers.

On the Sunday we will be taking our Orchis guests to visit Dunshay Manor house, in Purbeck, recently refurbished by the Landmark Trust, and also the very interesting Purbeck mining museum at Norden.

We hope you will join in welcoming our French friends!
Jane