[DCV] DCV Vitower task

dcv.newsed at talk21.com dcv.newsed at talk21.com
Thu Jan 19 16:49:04 GMT 2017

 Hello volunteers This Sunday the 22nd January 2017 DCV will be working in Purbeck near to the “Perenco” oil gathering station at a site called “Vitower”. We will be clearing invasive scrub growing around a man made pond where Natterjack toads have been successfully re-introduced. The pond needs more light to sustain life and is gradually being over grown with gorse, thorns and willow. The site is leased from the Rempstone estate by Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (ARC) whose ranger, Rick, will not be out until late morning. Below are sites you may find of interest with background information on the oil industry, Natterjack toads, ARC and also a Springwatch video on “YouTube”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wytch_Farmhttps://www.arc-trust.org/vitowerhttp://www.froglife.org/amphibians-and-reptiles/natterjack-toad/http://www.snh.org.uk/pdfs/education/natterjacktoad.pdfhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdKxChOGW0s
We will be meeting in the lay-by at the gathering station main entrance (BH20 5JR) (50.665236, -2.036325) where I will book us in with security, then move off as close to 10am as possible.If you arrive late please tell them at the security gate and follow the DCV yellow arrows.We will be parking in front of the barn (50.672099, -2.016109).The work site is at (50.674205, -2.020465). See you there.Don